Make sure to follow us on facebook so you don’t miss our latest updates!
Essential oils can help you create a versatile, well-rounded first aid kit. Certain plants like lavender contain powerful constituents that may help relieve mild burns or cleanse small cuts. Other essential oils that can be added to a first aid kit include peppermint essential oil (stomach discomfort), lemon essential oil (cleansing), and Thieves® essential oil blend.
A word of caution though, you need to make sure that you are using only therapeutic grade essential oils. The best Brand on the market is Young Living Essential Oils.
Every home should have three fully stocked first aid kits: one each in the kitchen, bathroom, and car. In the event of an emergency, having all the items you need close at hand can make a big difference. As you prepare your first aid kit, be sure to include items such as burn ointment and pain reliever.
Here are some additional items you may want to have in addition to essential oils:
- Two pairs of latex gloves (or other sterile gloves if allergic to latex)
- Sterile dressings to stop bleeding
- Adhesive bandages in a variety of sizes
- Eye wash solution
- Prescription medication (insulin, asthma inhalers)
- Prescribed medical supplies (glucose meter, etc.)
- Cell phone
- Tube of petroleum jelly or other lubricant
Young Living’s Most Popular Oils for First Aid
- Lavender essential oil
- Lemon essential oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Thieves® essential oil blend