Make sure to follow us on facebook so you don’t miss our latest updates!
We all know that a big part of living a healthy lifestyle is staying active. In fact, staying active is critical for heart health.
You already know that living an active life is critical for a healthy heart. Staying active lowers your risk for heart disease.
You need at minimum 30 minutes of moderate-intensity activity every single day.
You can break that 30 minutes up into 3, 10 minute sessions and the benefits stay the same. So, here are a few activities that you can do for 10 minutes, that will help keep you active and help protect your heart!
These are all easy to do, and you may already do some of them every day. These all count toward your daily goal, and you’ll get a calorie-burning boost as well as long as you do the activity for 10 minutes:These are just a few of the activities you can do every day to keep your heart healthy.
- Dance around the house- 54 calories
- Go for a walk with someone after dinner -38 calories
- Play a game of of tag with kids – 46 calories
- Garden, using a shovel – 46 calories
- Sit on a exercise ball instead of a chair at your computer – 28 calories
- Take your dog for a walk – 32 calories
- Push your kids or grandchild in a stroller – 28 calories
- Jump on a mini trampoline while you watch TV -40 calories
These are just a few of the activities you can do every day to keep your heart healthy.
If you have any activities that you enjoy, please share them with us in the comments!